Nylon Beach Blanket
The best time I've ever had at the beach was when I didn't have a beach blanket that would have sand trapped in it, didn't get damp after a few dips in the sea and helped keep me cool in those searing temperatures.
How did you manage that, you might ask? I present to you the Nylon Beach Blanket.
Nylon has been around for a very long time and people are starting to realise the benefits of using it as a material for beach blankets, especially if you need to accommodate a large number of people. If you're planning on going to the beach this year, why not consider a Nylon Beach Blanket.
What is Nylon and what is it used for?
Nylon is a synthetic material that has been used for decades in many different industries. It's very common in apparel, food packaging, electrical equipment and motor vehicles. One example of Nylon being used is a Parachute; the fabric that a parachute is made needs to be lightweight and strong so that it can capture as much air inside it as possible.
Nylon has some great properties that make it great for beach goers.
- Sand Resistant - the silky soft material of Nylon helps prevent sand from sticking to it. When you've been at the beach for a couple of hours, sand will inevitably find it's way onto it, but Nylon prevents the grains from clinging to the material. At most, all you'll need to do is shake your nylon beach blanket out and the sand will simply fall off of it's own. This has a number of benefits, including being able to reuse your beach blanket over and over again, preventing bringing home buckets of sand with you and making a mess in your own home.
- Cheap material - Nylon has been around since the the 1930s where it was first invented to be used in World War II and later for industry applications. Over the years, the production of this synthetic material has made it a standard material that can be produced cheaply and efficiently, meaning you can get nylon beach blankets for quite cheap.
- Easy to care for - Most Nylon blankets are machine washable. And that's an important factor to consider when your beach blanket can often be covered in things like suncream, sweat, salt water and even ice creams. You simply just have to pop it in for a quick machine wash and the blanket will be ready for the next day. Always remember to read the washing instructions before doing so.
- Fast Drying - Nylon can take around 4 hours to dry if it gets way, which is perfect for beach goers who will often go in and out of the sea and drip all over their towels. With high temperatures, your Nylon Beach Blanket will probably dry out even quicker and you won't even notice the dampness.
So if Nylon is so great, what are some things to remember when buying a Nylon Beach Blanket?
Size Of Nylon Blanket
Nylon Beach Blankets can be very big compared to your normal beach blanket. You can get sizes that seat up to four or five people, which are great for when you're going to the beach with family or friends. The material is very elastic so it can stretch too without tearing. You'll also find that Nylon is super lightweight, making it easy to carry too and from the beach; a simple bag can be used to transport it and most Nylon Beach Blankets will come with their own sleeping-bag style bag to help with portability.
Getting a larger sized blanket can also be cheaper when buying it made out of Nylon, unlike say cotton or wool. This might be something to consider when getting a larger beach blanket; of course a Nylon Beach Blanket can also double down as a picnic blanket or even if you fancy using it as a park blanket, since it can accommodate many people.
Strength Of Nylon
Nylon is a very strong material; if you're using the blanket on rough surfaces Nylon has excellent abrasion resistance to prevent it from tearing or getting damaged. This might not be a problem if you're on a sandy beach, but some beaches often are made of pebbles or have more rocky surfaces, which can be an issue for some beach blankets. Nylon is perfect because of its elastic-like material and its resistance to rougher surfaces.
Weigh Down Your Nylon Beach Blanket
Since Nylon is very light, it can be an issue on windy days. As you know, Nylon is used for Parachutes and if there's one thing you don't want you Nylon beach blanket doing is turning into a parachute and flying around the beach annoying other beach goers. One solution to this is to weigh down your beach blanket with heavy objects.
This might not be something you need to worry too much about however, as many Nylon beach blankets come with pockets that you can fill up with sand. These pockets will then weigh down the blanket, preventing it from becoming a flapping mess. Other blankets come with pegs to hold them down, which might be easier than filling up your blanket with handfuls of sand. Of course, if you're going to a beach that's not windy at all, then you should be fine too- you can always sit on your blanket to stop it flapping!
The Best Nylon Beach Blankets
So if you've decided you think a Nylon Beach Blanket might be for you, let me present you with some options you might want to consider buying. The great thing about Nylon is that it's cheap to produce and so there are many different products out there for you to choose one. These examples come with different options, including designs and sizes. Check out their pages for more details and see if you can find the right blanket that fits your requirements.
This blog is a member of the Amazon Associates platform and so we earn a small commission when you purchase products through our links (at no extra cost to you).
This huge beach blanket is perfect for getting friends together for a hot, sunny beach day. The Kahuna Parachute Beach Blanket has a large 8x8 feet size and it can be weighted down with useful sand pockets. It is made from a premium quality Nylon with sand-resistant technology.
- Made from Nylon
- 8x8 Feed
- Multiple Colors Available
This beach blanket is made of premium grade, thin parachute nylon. It is machine washable and quick to air dry, making it perfect for days on the beach. This blanket also comes with a handy storage bag to roll up your parachute blanket and keep safe.
- Made from Nylon
- 10 feet x 9 1/2 feet
- Machine Washable
This 100% Nylon Parachute Beach Blanket comes in three different colors, including this incredible pink. It has a large size of 9x10 feet, perfect for sitting up to 7 adults. This blanket also comes with a FREE waterproof case for your belongings.
- Made from 100% Nylon
- 9x10 feet
- Free Waterproof Case
This Outdoor Beach Blanket made from Nylon is great for going to Beach. The Cozy comes in a Pocket Size bag, which makes it perfect for traveling with and portability. It comes in several different colors and comes with several stakes to help keep it in place.
- Made from Nylon
- Multiple Colors
- Pocket Storage Bag
This huge blanket comes with an integrated sack that fits in it's huge 7x9 feet size. Made from strong, durable, lightweight and breathable 100% PARACHUTE nylon this blanket will withstand many years of use. The Nylon material helps resist sand and keep it fast-drying for when it gets wet.
- Made from 100% Nylon
- 7x9 feet
- Multiple Colors
This waterproof beach blanket is perfect for the beach with it's sand-resistant material and 3000 PA water pressure resistance. This blanket comes with a hood, so it can also be worn as a poncho, as well as a pocket for your valuables. The blanket is made from 100T Polyester material and comes with a zipper storage bag.
- Made from 100T Polyester Material
- 55x78 inches and folds to 4x6 inches
- Zipper Storage Bag